Monday, January 11, 2010

i love you.


 

Meemaw passed away peacefully today in her home surrounded by many of her loved ones, who comforted her by singing to her and expressing their love for her as she passed. She married a my grandpa over 60 years ago and raised a beautiful family of 4 children, 11 grandchildren and 3 great-grandchildren. She touched the lives of an uncountable number of people and lead a meaningful and amazing life. I will always love her and cherish everything she taught me.

October 28, 1921 - January 11, 2010

13 comments:

  1. Shan, I'm so so sorry. I wish I could have met her, she seems like such an amazing, inspiring woman. Please let me know if you need anything at all. Love you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. thinking about you and your family. wishing you all peace in your heart. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry - I'll pray for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww Shannon I am so sorry. :( Send my thoughts to your family. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shannon I am so sorry, this made me cry, I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sad time for you. I love the pictures. She looks like a wonderful, fun loving woman. You were very lucky to have her. Take good care.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i'm so sorry to hear this shannon. you'll be in my thoughts and prayers during this difficult time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm very sorry to hear about your loss :( She looks like an amazing woman.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I lost a family remember late last year and I know how hard it can be. I'm sorry for your loss. She seems to have a lived a long life with a great family.

    ReplyDelete
  10. ooh shannie, i'm so sorry!! i love that your family sang to her, that's so sweet and i'm sure it made her feel so at ease!

    ReplyDelete
  11. great post shannon. Meemaw would have loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm a singer and knowing your family sang to he was so so sweet.

    xo.
    Prayers sent your way!

    ReplyDelete
  13. And of course, the last thing she said was "I love you".

    ReplyDelete