Sunday, December 13, 2009

The underwater world fascinates me



We went to the Atlanta Aquarium. It was so amazing! I am fascinated by the underwater world. It really blows my mind that there is literally a whole second world on our world that is even bigger than our world... does that make sense? The ocean creatures completely amaze me, they are so strange and interesting. I especially love the octopi... they completely amaze me. It's also my life goal to see a Blue Whale. Seriously, the most amazing creature on earth, mainly just because its huge but I would absolutely DIE of happiness (and shock) if I ever saw one.  The aquarium in Atlanta is the largest aquarium in the world (weirdly enough), they have Beluga Whales annd whale sharks plus every other kind of creature you can imagine. Its pretty awesome.

So, while we were there these people gave us these special tickets to go see some kind of shark exhibit. I was pretty excited because they are like $30, and we got them for free. I really wanted to get tickets to the 3-D show about a cartoon fish named Deepo, but since we got tickets for the shark thing for free, we had to go. I thought it would be fun and interesting.... but no. I couldn't be more wrong. It was the longest, most boring museum of my life. Well, maybe not the most boring, but it was pretty bad. I am not a museum person, I'm too ADD to pay attention and read everything. I just look at the pictures and keep moving. However, Drew is the complete opposite. He wants to read every single little thing. I was so impatient, I was literally acting like a 5 year old and tugging his arm to keep moving. Since when is Drew so interested in SHARKS??? WHO CARES about what each kind of shark tooth looks like??? or what a shark diving cage is made out of??? NO ONE! It had nothing interactive in the entire museum and no real sharks to look at. I was dying. I would have much rather bought tickets for the 3-D cartoon fish movie.

Anyway, after the boring shark museum we got to go to the place where you can pet real live sharks and sting-rays, and that was WAY more up my alley. I was actually in heaven.

8 comments:

  1. haha awww!!! this sounds just like me. well even thought tyler is super add he likes to read everything too and try to LEARN or something weird like that. look at my post from forever ago about aquariums we have like the same pics!! http://www.olivia-rae.com/2009/07/we-love-aquariums.html

    but yeah, we spent forever looking at the shark tank but a shark museum just sounds awful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So lucky! I want to go there so bad! Looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the manta ray looks like its smiling. it makes me happy :). looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Deepo" sounds like a rip-off, more educational version of Nemo..but still more fun than a shark museum

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love taking my little dude to our aquarium. It's killer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love aquariums! i have been to some boring ones though so i know what you mean.. so this weekend? i saw a preview for "Oceans" have you seen it? its the next in the disney "Earth" series. holy crap. it looks sooo amazing! i can't wait to see it! it comes out on earth day! so excited! you should go watch the preview if you haven't seen it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Did you actually get to pet a shark?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved Deepo! He splashes you too!

    ReplyDelete