Thursday, August 27, 2009

Cooking!

About a week ago, Drew and I decided to cook dinner. I was nervous about it because the last thing I cooked turned out HORRIBLE! I was inspired to start cooking after watching the movie Julie and Julia (which everyone should go see). It was a pasta bolognese that got a million good reviews on food network and I managed to mess it up. I'm not sure what I did wrong other than forget to add garlic, but it was the most tasteless pasta I have ever tasted! It's such a bummer to make all that food and spend all that money and then not like it. Anyway, we chose to make something called Country French Chicken, with a side of tomato feta salad and some sugar snap peas. It was delicious! Here's what it looked like:

I had found this wine at the grocery store called cupcake and I just haaadd to try it! So I got cupcake wine and Drew found a wine called Red Bicyclette so he got that! (Drew works at a Bicycle store). That was pretty funny to me... we were drinking our work places!

So the dinner turned out to be a success! (even though Drew is already thinking up ways to make it better). It was fun and it has inspired me to cook more. I just got the Cooking Light cookbook and I have already been cooking from it! It's fabulous!

OH... and here's what Drew looks like when he eats Country French Chicken hahaha

2 comments:

  1. haha aaaaawwwwww. shannon i cannot tell you how happy your blog makes me!! seriously, just revamped my love for blogs. your food looks delicious! dinner party at your house? tryin?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure if Drew's face makes me want to try it or not!

    ReplyDelete