Sunday, August 30, 2009

Asheville, I love you

It's always been a dream of mine to be ms. mountain woman, but it just hasn't worked out too well. I love the outdoors and I love camping and I love hiking and swimming and rafting and being in the mountains, but I'm just not very knowledgeable about all of the important out-doorsy things. It's quite a drag. But I make the most of it and do what I can, that's why Claire and I made an adventurous trip to Asheville this summer! Here's some things we did.

 drove through the mountains


Stopped on the side of the road to enjoy the scenery

Stopped on the side of the road to pop a squat
  
Wore extra-large granny panties (I forgot to bring underwear)
 
Hiked along a river
 
Stumbled upon waterfalls
 
ate lunch on a tree
 
used my chacos to their greatest potential
 
Sat by the stream
 
lounged in our tent while it rained
 
attempted to build a fire


.... and somehow we managed to survive without getting eaten by bears or starving to death, so I guess that's a good sign! I LOVE THE MOUNTAINS!

1 comment:

  1. awww! you're so adventurous shan! that looks like so much fun... let's do that one weekend and you can teach my how to be a better camper because right now it's not my forte.

    ReplyDelete