Wednesday, September 30, 2009

OOPSIE DAISY!



I was enjoying a fabulous meal at one of my favorite restaurants of all time, Five Loaves, with Drew, Olivia and Tyler. We were all just chit chatting and laughing, you know, the usual. I was just kinda minding my own business, in my own world, as always... when I dropped my napkin on the floor. I was bending down to pick it up when I hear a crackling sound in my ear... I didn't really know what it was until I realized my ear was resting on a candle and MY HAIR WAS BURNING! I had for some reason ignored the fact that there was a hot flame on the table and I had obliviously decided to lay my head directly on it... Anyway, at this point I think the three others at the table were having a conversation with one of the waitresses. I thought maybe I could play it cool like nothing happened but I was kind of freaking out on the inside. I leaned over to Drew to whisper what had just happened... but it was no use keeping it a secret. Everyone in the restaurant could smell the burning hair! I had to admit to the fact that I had just set my own head on fire... the entire staff there was laughing at me for smelling up the restaurant and ruining the lovely smell from the kitchen... It was pretty hilarious... and slightly embarrassing. BUT... I'm glad I could provide everyone with something to laugh about...

5 comments:

  1. hahaha oh shantron. that was truly hilarious, the whole restaurant could smell your burning hair!!! i loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish you had captured a pic of your hair mid-flame!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was very funny. But even you setting your hair on fire couldn't stop that night from being a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounded serious, but glad you were not hurt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha oh man i am sooo glad you linked this story!! that is hilarious!! wish i could have been there!!

    ReplyDelete