Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Am I in Italy??

I woke up this morning very late, as usual... I threw on some clothes and ran out the door 6 minutes before my 8 a.m. class was going to start, giving me just enough time to get there riding my bike. To my surprise and slight excitement, I walked out to see that my lovely road had turned into a lovely river! I was a bit panicked for a second because I realized I wouldn't be able to get to my bike without walking through a foot of water, and now I would be late for class. I had a decision to make: get my feet and legs soaked and ride my bike, dodge the river and walk to class but arrive 15 minutes late, OR skip class altogether and get some useful work done. Obviously, I chose the third option. I still ended up walking through the river, just for pure enjoyment (Claire thinks its gross) but I was able to wash off my feet and legs afterward, whereas, if I had gone to class, I would have had nasty dirty rainwater all over me for the rest of the day. I think I made the right decision. As long as my car and house are high enough not to flood, I thoroughly enjoy having a river outside of my house! It's as close as I can get to Venice! Thanks hurricane Ida!







7 comments:

  1. Only you would be excited to have a river for a street. I know you were looking forward to it flooding. I'm sad I missed it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. aah i can't believe how bad your street flooded!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha i totally would have done option three too! that is crazy! i would have panicked if that happened to me! probably because i am not used to rain and hurricane weather. i would have ran through the water too :) i love that you woke up late, it makes me feel like i am not the only one. i wake up late EVERYDAY. i can't help it. ugh. anyway, thanks for you comment on my blog today. seriously, it is so nice to have such good blog friends and i feel like we can relate so well to each other. you are awesome and i love your blog! i totally look up to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is ridiculous,look how high the water got on the neighbor's SUV! we should have bought rafts like you said

    ReplyDelete
  5. i miss skipping class. sadly after college it's much harder to skip out on stuff....like work....since you have bills and all that lame stuff. enjoy it while you can.

    thanks also for the comments on my blog and for following. glad you did, cause you're blog is cute and now i can follow yours!

    now we both have 22 followers :).

    ReplyDelete