Tuesday, November 3, 2009

dressing up is fun to do


Ooohhh I cannot express how much I love Halloween! I always have an amazing time just dressing up and getting into costume. Just being able to walk up and down the streets of Charleston in costume and admiring everyone else's creative ensembles is just so ridiculously amusing. I had fun going to the bars and everything, but I would have been just as satisfied if we simply walked the streets of Charleston. I can't wait until I live in a real neighborhood and kids come trick-or-treating to my door.. because then I can get dressed up and not even have to go anywhere to see the creative, hilarious costumes! They'll come to me!

Soooo... Drew and I dressed up as zombie prom king and queen, and it was hilarious. I was kind of jealous because Drew got way more compliments on his costume than I did.... but oh well, I guess I don't mind. So we got some dressy clothes from goodwill for about $8 and then tore them up and put blood all over ourselves... so. much. fun... We had some other good costumes in my house, too. Claire was "the lady from the birds", it was so random and funny. She put a crow directly on top of her head and another one coming out of her ribs, and of course, put blood all over herself. Everyone who saw her was like, "dude, did you see that girl?! She has a crow on her head!" it was hilarious how amused everyone was with her costume! Shannon was minnie mouse, Meredith was a murdered housewife, Diana was a greek goddess and Allison was raggedy anne. Everyone's costume was so fun and creative!









7 comments:

  1. i'm not gonna lie, these picture made me kinda queasy. especially claire's cheek!! hahah i love you how much you love gore and blood. you and drew look adorable!! all the costumes are so fun! lovee it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good thing you were satisfied just walking through the streets of Charleston, because thats basically all we did. ha love our lives
    oh sweet pictures I wonder where you got them from..haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha those are awesome costumes! that one lady from the birds? genius! looks like you guys had a ton of fun! and it is so fun having little kids in the neighborhood! they are so adorable! just you wait!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have to go on facebook and see my zombies! I put them on there just for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love halloweenie! let's dress up and be bloody all the time

    ReplyDelete
  6. i found your little blog through everyday musings...very cute.

    i like your zombie prom queen and king - very creative. i've never tried to pull off something scary before. maybe i'll have to give it a try next year. and i completely agree with you about getting to stay home and dress up while passing out candy to trick-or-treaters. my husband and i bought a house about a year ago, but we live on a cul-de-sac so we STILL don't get any trick-or-treaters :(. Hopefully you'll be more lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  7. love Drew's black eye. Did you give it to him?

    ReplyDelete