Monday, November 23, 2009

a short, but very sweet visit


{the only picture taken this weekend, thank you, self-timer}

Drew came to visit and we had so much fun! Just as I had predicted... we sat around my house watching movies, cuddling, laughing, eating and telling stories. Whenever we watch T.V., we don't actually watch it.... we just kind of goof around on the couch, and when we're not goofing around, we catch little snippets of whatever is on the T.V... its great. Its so funny because it always takes us hours upon hours to decide and agree on a movie to watch... but Drew brought up a very good point when he said, "Why do we care so much about what we're going to watch? We never end up actually watching it!" I thought that was a very true and wise statement, but I still care deeply about what we watch for some strange reason....

We were planning on cooking a fabulous and delicious dinner, but we were too busy snacking on spinach artichoke dip, salami, crackers and wine... I know, a very strange snack, don't judge...

We did get a chance to go bike riding, but for transportation purposes only, it was cold and rainy so it was not too enjoyable... we ate at Hominy Grill, which has the most delicious bacon I have ever eaten in my life... and then we spent hours at Kudu Coffee, chatting it up.

It was probably the shortest visit of my life, but I'm so thankful that he has the patience to drive 7-8 hours to Charleston just for the weekend! It was definitely worth it. Its amazing how doing nothing by yourself is so boring, but doing nothing with a person you love can be the most fun in the world.

7 comments:

  1. I love doing nothing with my husband! That's usually what we do every day, just lounge around and talk about random things and tease each other and talk in funny voices. Good times :) I'm glad you had a fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. god shannon, you're going to make me cry. sweetest post ever.. so happy you two got to spend time together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. doing nothing is the greatest and salami, crackers, spinach artichoke dip and wine sounds like the perfect snack.

    you guys are adorable. what a good guy to drive all that way to see you. short...but sweet :).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad we where able to spend time together this weekend, it was well worth the drive.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooohhh mannnnnn!!! so cute, my love

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww, this was so sweet! he is adorable for driving there to see you! you guys seem so perfect together. i love it. i really do! you are both so cute! i am glad you had a good weekend :) i want to try that bacon!

    ReplyDelete